General terms and conditions – carriage of goods
These general terms and conditions for the carriage of goods (“General Terms and Conditions”) apply to the carriage of goods performed by or booked through HANSA Destinations AB (“HANSA”). The Terms and Conditions are supplemented by the Standard terms and conditions for the carriage of goods (“Standard Terms and Conditions”). In the event of conflict between the General Terms and Conditions and the Standard Terms and Conditions the Standard Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
• Commercial carriage of goods shall be booked through the Freight booking. Such carriage includes i.a. vehicles such as light commercial vehicles and heavy goods vehicles (Sw. lätt och tung lastbil), tractors, agricultural vehicles and equipment, unaccompanied vehicles (without driver) and vehicles which require assistance in connection with loading.
• Caravans, mobile homes and similar vehicles for non-commercial use shall be booked through the Passenger booking.
• The minimum rate for bookings is the equivalent of 6 metres in accordance with the applicable Price list, irrespective of the actual length of the vehicle.
• Carriage which includes dangerous goods must be booked no later than 48 hours prior to departure.
• Information about the vehicle’s length, kerb weight and laden mass, if applicable, shall be provided at the time of booking.
• Personal identity number (Sw. personnummer) or ID-number and name, as well as mobile telephone number to the main driver, shall be provided for all persons accompanying the vehicle onboard.
• One driver per vehicle is entitled to travel free of charge in a shared cabin and to free meals.
• Additional drivers are entitled to travel in accordance with the applicable Price list for freight surcharges.
Cancellation of and changes to bookings of carriage of goods
Cancellation and changes may be made up to 2 hours prior to check-in. Late cancellation, no shows and changes are subject to additional charges in accordance with the applicable Price list.
Freight and other charges
• Applicable freight and other charges are stated in the Price List currently in force.
• Adjustments due to changes in bunker prices are made monthly in accordance with HANSA’s BAF-adjustment model (table).
Payment and invoicing
• Payment is made either directly by debit or credit card or against an invoice.
• Advance payment can be made at the respective places of loading ("show go").
• Framework agreement customers with customer numbers may pay against invoice payable within 30 days of invoice date.
• Prior to entering into framework agreements customary credit checks will be made.
• When entering into framework agreements maximum a monthly credit amount is agreed.
• HANSA has the right to pass on costs which HANSA has incurred, e.g. in respect of port and stevedoring services in relation to certain cargo or certain vehicle.
• Additional services and charges are invoiced as separate line items.
Check-in and delivery of goods
• Goods, vehicles, and persons accompanying vehicles shall be checked in no later than 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure, unless HANSA has advised that departure time has been changed or that the departure has been cancelled.
• Package, stowage, securing and other preparations shall have been carried out in accordance with applicable legislation and instructions from HANSA, the vessel’s crew or terminal staff.
• Recommendations such as IMO/ILO/UNECE Code of Practice for Packing of Cargo Transport Units and MCA: Roll-on/Roll-off Ships – Guidance for the Stowage and Securing of Vehicles shall be complied with when packing and making other preparations for the transportation of the cargo.
• Unaccompanied cargo units need to be equipped with sufficient lashing points according to the rules above
Dangerous cargo and cargo which require particular care or handling
• Information on whether cargo is classified as dangerous cargo (substances which may be harmful in any way to humans, animals, the environment, or property) or if cargo requires particular care or handling must be provided when carriage of cargo is booked.
• The sender is responsible for ensuring that cargo/cargo transport units are properly marked in accordance with the IMDG Code and other applicable regulations.
• Multimodal Dangerous Goods Forms shall be signed and submitted to email@example.com no later than 24 hours prior to booked departure. Signed form shall be available for furnishing at check-in. Please contact the Freight booking for further information.
New cars which require separate interim parking
For transportation of brand-new cars, please contact the Freight booking.
Safety and security rules
• All passengers are obliged to comply with the applicable safety regulations and code of conduct and the instructions given by the crew onboard and the terminal staff.
• Physical searches and other inspections are subject to specific rules in port terminals and onboard vessels. Such searches and inspections are made at random. Prepaid tickets and freight are not repaid in the event of refusal to participate in such search and inspection.
• For transportation of firearms and ammunition, please contact the Freight booking.
Receipt of cargo at the port of discharge
• In order to take delivery of cargo at the port of discharge the receiver must be able to state the booking number and present a valid form of identification. Unaccompanied vehicles or goods must be collected within 24 hours of the vessel’s arrival at Nynäshamn and within 72 hours of the vessel’s arrival at Rostock.
• In the event that vehicle or cargo is collected later than 24 hours at Nynäshamn or 72 hours at Rostock, HANSA is entitled to levy additional charges in accordance with the port’s tariff or the actual costs which HANSA incurs.
Notification of damage to goods
• Damage to goods must be notified to the respective staff ashore or the ship’s crew on board immediately.
• Claims and the documentation needs to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org forthwith after such damage has been discovered.
• HANSA applies the NSOCC Green Card 2011 when assessing whether a damage can be reimbursed.